Requirements for a Televisit:
- You must have a smart phone, tablet or computer with internet connection, with a camera and microphone.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
Call our office at 512-454-5171.
You will receive an email or text message 15-20 minutes prior to the appointment.
JOIN THE TELEVISIT
Around the time of the appointment, the following will occur:
- You will receive a message with a link on your smartphone, tablet or computer. The email or text message will have a link that you will need to click to join in on the telemedicine video call.
- The link will take you to a webpage where you will need to click to allow access to your video camera/microphone.
- You will be prompted to type in their first and last name.
- Your device will then ask you to allow access to your video camera/microphone on your device. Be sure to click “enable” and “allow” so your provider can see and hear you during your visit.
Once you enter your name, you will be placed into a virtual waiting room until the doctor starts the video call.
After allowing and enabling mic and camera use, you will be placed into a virtual waiting room until the doctor starts the video call.
If you want to be sure your camera and microphone work before your appointment, please use this link: https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/ Doxy.me will test your device to ensure it is working properly.
If you experience any issues while testing your device, please click this link: https://troubleshoot.doxy.me, or call our office for help prior to your appointment at 512-406-7885 or 512-406-7874.
After you successfully check in, your provider will be notified on their side that you clicked the link and are waiting. All that’s left to do for you is wait a few minutes for the doctor to start the call. Once they start the call, you will be notified that you are being connected with the provider and the video telemedicine appointment will begin. Once the appointment is over, your provider will end the call and you can just simply close out of the page.
Quick Video Explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJf9N9sjDLI
Troubleshooting for Telemedicine/Telehealth
Camera or microphone not working?
If using an iPhone or iPad:
- Ensure your iPad doesn’t have the zoom feature enabled by heading to this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203332
- Make sure you are not in private mode in Safari 11+. See this think to be sure you are not in private mode: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203036
On iPhones, you can also select the camera and microphone to be enabled by default for an easier login/patient check-in experience:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Scroll down and open Safari tab
- Ensure Camera & Microphone are set to Allow
- Make sure Request Desktop Site option is turned off
The Link Sent to Me Does Not Work:
If you do not want to copy and paste or click on the link, you can also just type the link into the appropriate browser. If you prefer to use your computer for the visit, the link will be delivered to you through your email. Remember, a telehealth visit is a video call appointment. If you would like to complete the visit by using your computer instead of a smart device (such as an iPhone, tablet, or other smartphone), your computer must have a working video camera.
It is important that you are using either the browser Google Chrome or Firefox if you received the link through email, and you are on your laptop. If you are worried the link will not open on either of those browsers automatically, simply highlight the link with your mouse, right click to copy the link, open Google Chrome or Firefox, and then paste the link into the search bar and hit “enter” or “search”.